|Areas Repaired||Diesel tank|
|Repair Types||Thin patch applications and crack repairs, Basalt coating concrete treatment, special UV-resistant paint coating used as a top layer finish coat.|
|Issues||Severe deterioration of the enclosure lining|
The main purpose of the project was to protect concrete diesel tank enclosure from diesel spills, as well as weather elements. Basalt coating concrete treatment was selected as means of protecting concrete from diesel. Special UV-resistant paint coating was used as a top layer finish coat. Prior to any concrete coating, thin patch applications and crack repairs were done.
Under traditional repair methods, patching requires a minimum of two-inch demolition in the affected area. The use of our unique products, Polyforce Plus, and polymer cement, permits thin-patch applications, making the job much more cost-efficient and faster.
Our patching process is as follows:
- Delaminated and unsound concrete is removed.
- Polyforce Plus Adhesive is applied. Its impressive 1.85 MPa adhesive strength ensures monolithic adhesion.
- Within 40 minutes, the actual patch is applied. On very thin patches (less than a ¼ of an inch), polymer cement is used; otherwise, regular cement.
- The entire area was treated with waterproofing Polyforce Plus Primer.
- In order to protect concrete from diesel spills, Basalt coat treatment was applied.
- Special UV-resistant paint was used to offer further protection from the weather elements.
Traditionally speaking, two slabs of concrete cannot be glued together when there is a crack. This, however, is not the case through the use of our specialized materials which make monolithic 1.85 MPa adhesion possible. Not only can we repair concrete but also restore it to its original condition, even when wet. It works both on single cracks and concrete surfaces with multiple issues - no need for complete resurfacing. Such rehabilitation is even done on concrete surfaces that are combined with metal structures.
If the room needs crack repair, an easy two-step process is followed:
- Cracks are routed with a saw to create a V-groove to prep the area for repair.
- The crack is filled with Polyforce Plus Adhesive which ensures immediate and durable monolithic adhesion.
- The crack is patched with the Polyforce Polymer Cement.
- Waterproofing Polyforce Plus Primer is applied over the area.