Request a Callback
Please enter your name and phone number and we call you back soon.
Get a Free Quote
Give us a call at (647) 479-4069 or fill out the form below.
|Areas Repaired||Leaks in tunnels|
|Repair Types||Waterproofing tunnel rigs|
|Issues||Extremely high static hydraulic pressure
One Year inspection of the application found the Expansion Joint 100% intact.
This project consisted of waterproofing tunnel rigs through injection of PolyFlex into joints.
Due to extremely high static hydraulic pressure, the application presents its own challenges.
The process of injection of PolyFlex fills all the cavities of the expansion joints as well as voids around the tunnel.
PolyFlex does not react with water, which makes it ideal for waterproofing applications with actively running or standing water.
Upon injection, PolyFlex will displace and remove the water from all possible voids. This provides a long lasting waterproofing solution.
Concrete Patching Work
ONE YEAR LATER
Repairs were done on the ceiling of the tunnel with use of Polyforce Plus and Basalt mix.
This mix is made to be a paste like consistency, which allows the patching work to be done without forming.
The ceiling of the tunnel has a rounded shape, which makes the form installation next to impossible.
The Polyforce Plus and Basalt mix is flexible in its natural state and will expand and contract with concrete. The adhesive strength of Polyforce Plus is 1.5 times stronger than the concrete itself, which ensures a long lasting result with monolithic bond.
In accordance with third-party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to the following:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Polyforce Plus compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Basalt mix compressive strength of 150 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair
- Application of PolyFlex from the negative side reduces cost by 90% when compared to the traditional method of repair
- 10 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- PolyFlex is able to expand and compress 200%
- 200% expansion and compression does not affect adhesion or tensile strength of PolyFlex